Vacature: Head of Public Affairs NVPI Interactive
About NVPI Interactive
The video games sector is one of the fastest growing sector within the content industry. NVPI Interactive, founded in 1996, is representing publishers of video games in the Netherlands and is part of the federation of entertainment, NVPI, based in Amsterdam. NVPI Interactive is member of the Interactive Software Federation Europe (ISFE), which represent the interest of the industry towards the EU and International istitutions.
NVPI Interactive are seeking a strong Head of Public Affairs to undertake a thorough and strategic overview of their policy development. You will have the opportunity to engage and develop whole rounded and holistic policy analysis, research and advocacy. You will focus on themes which are relevant to the members, being the lead point in the organisation for ensuring that they are covering the scope of the industry and all relevant bodies in the Netherlands.
Reporting directly to the Board of NVPI Interactive and ensuring a close coordination with the Director of the NVPI Federation, you will be the spokesperson for the Industry towards the government, other institutional stakeholders and the media.
Part of the role is also to ensure that our industry’s positions taken at European level by ISFE are adequately promoted at national level, and to report to ISFE on any significant national devlopments.
With a background in policy and public affairs, you will have a track record in policy development and communications be used to influencing politicians and senior executives, and have an ability to work across complex issues affecting the industry with ease. This experience may have been gained in an Institution, Agency, Trade Association or within a Government Affairs role in-house. This position requires a strong ability to work independentaly and be able to drive policy issues forward.
As Head of Public Affairs you will be responsible for the following;
- Advance NVPI Interactive role as the games industry’s key representative with government and policy makers by developing, managing and executing a strategic approach to NVPI Interactive policy and public affairs activities.
- Understand the games industry business and meet the needs of a varied membership, including through regular and direct engagement with ISFE and members.
- Closely monitor the national legislative and policy environment to identify the key policy and regulatory issues for the industry; keep members informed.
- Partner with members and Interactive Software Federation Europe (ISFE) to conduct strategic policy analyses and develop policy positions that are grounded in the views of members.
- Regularly engage and develop strong relationships with key policymakers and their staffs to educate them about the games industry.
- Partner with other associations and organizations and build ad hoc coalitions on cross-industry issues, where appropriate.
- Engage in a close and constructive dialog with other national trade associations to align positions and advocacy strategy.
- Represent the collective industry in policy debates; ensure, identify and respond to relevant consultations and/or co-ordination of members’ responses.
- Support the members, inform the members and help define strategy.
Experience & Background
Proven experience desirably within tech and or content sector would be an advantage, aswell a passion for games and knowledge of the Industry. Previous experience in a membership body would be desirable but not essential. This role would suit someone with managerial experience who is seeking to take on the challenges of a management position.
- A demonstrable ability to think and act strategically, confident speaker, you must be happy addressing audiences as well as having the ability to engage one on one with high level stakeholders.
- The ability to work collaboratively and gain consensus are crucial assets.
- A strong and proven interest in video games would be a big asset.
- This need not necessarily be a 9-5 employed position.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is a pre-requisite
- A competitive package is on offer.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Anne de Jong (firstname.lastname@example.org).